The Social Coordinator’s role is to identify social risks associated with the ASI accredited schemes and support ASI in effectively addressing these risks through its assurance activities. The person will plan, coordinate and conduct assessments, and develop new projects to continuously ensure social integrity and further develop ASI’s program for social and labour related risks. The coordinator will support the ASI program managers. The person will also support ASI’s communication with scheme owner representatives and with accredited CABs.
The role requires the qualification as an ASI assessor for the RSPO and/or the FSC programs.
- Develop an ASI oversight concept for social and labour issues relevant for the ASI accredited schemes;
- Develop and maintain an ongoing risk assessment and early warning system focusing on social and labour risks for the ASI accredited schemes;
- Support ASI’s assessment scoping and planning;
- Conduct P&C Assessments for RSPO and for other schemes, as requested
- Engage with the certification schemes and support in the development of their social assurance requirements;
- Actively monitor the certification schemes for potential incidents;
- Engage with key stakeholders and interested parties;
- Report to the ASI Asia regional manager based in the ASI office in Kuala Lumpur;
- Attend meetings on behalf of ASI and represent ASI in various forums;
- Perform other ASI related tasks, such as, but not limited to, training, calibration, etc.;
- Participate in the management and investigation of disputes.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in social auditing;
- Auditing experience in one or more schemes with strong social or labour component (e.g. SA8000, Fairtrade). Knowledge and experience with one of the ASI accredited schemes is an advantage;
- University degree with social and/or environmental background‘. A combination of relevant academic qualifications and extensive professional experience may be accepted in lieu of an advanced university degree;
- ISO Lead Assessor qualification or equivalent preferred;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and at least in one second language are essential (preferably one spoken in South-East Asia);
- Solutions-oriented approach to work with team members and key stakeholders. Proven ability to plan and organize work independently and meet deadlines;
- Ability to work in the international arena in a multicultural, multi-ethnic environment and deal with other international organizations. A significant amount of international travel is required.
- Flexible: full- or part-time employment contract with the Kuala Lumpur Office (Malaysian Law) OR two-year Contractor Framework Agreement (free-lance position) with the Bonn Office.
- Strong preference for the position to be based in South-East Asia;
- ASI is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on gender, nationality, ethnicity or religion.
How to apply
All applications including full CV/resume and a motivation letter should be sent to Antje Kachel, ASI Competence Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org. The cover letter should state the expected remuneration or daily fee and the preferred contractual relation.
The deadline for sending applications is the 31 March 2017.
Download a PDF version of this vacancy here.
Accreditation Services International GmbH (ASI) is the global company that assures the integrity of leading social and environmental sustainability standards: Forest Stewardship Council (FSC), Marine Stewardship Council (MSC), Aquaculture Stewardship Council (ASC), the Roundtable for Sustainable Palm Oil (RSPO), the Roundtable for Sustainable Biomaterials (RSB) and the Sustainable Biomass Partnership (SBP). ASI offices are located in Bonn (Germany) and Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia).